Signs your dog has anxiety and how to treat it
Since our pets can’t communicate how they are feeling with us in words it’s important we are aware of the signs so we can help our furkids feel their best.
What can cause my pets anxiety?
1. Separation anxiety is the most common form and it occurs when your dog is separated from you while you’re at work, out with friends, running errands, etc.
2. Fear of loud noises like thunderstorms and fireworks can trigger anxiety in dogs.
3. Changes to their environment such as going to the vet, in the car, or being surrounded by unfamiliar people or other pets.
Signs your pet is feeling anxious include:
- Barking or howling
- Panting and pacing (even when it’s not hot)
- Running away or hiding
- Destroying furniture
- Excessive licking or chewing
- Not eating
- Urinating frequently
In many cases, your dogs ‘bad’ behavior is just them reacting to the uncomfortable feeling of anxiety.
How can Hemp 4 Paws products help?
Our products work by interacting with your pets endocannabinoid receptors located in their central and peripheral nervous systems. These receptors help to maintain balance in their body to keep them feeling happy and healthy.
Through the interaction with their endocannabinoid system, the active ingredient in our tinctures can help to increase the level of serotonin (the happy hormone) in your pet which will calm them down and reduce their stress and anxiety.
What’s the best way to give my pet the tincture?
We recommend giving it to your pet daily, even if they aren’t showing signs of stress or anxiety, because it will help increase the effectiveness for when they are. Start with 0.5ml twice a day and then if need be, you can give your pet an additional 0.25ml 20 minutes before a situation you know typically will cause them stress or anxiety.
Reduce your dog’s anxiety and get them back to good dog status with the help of our tinctures.
If you have any questions you can contact us here or through Facebook or Instagram!